Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Today, I went for an accidental long walk

Well, today was...interesting. I got up this morning knowing I needed to go into town to buy some stuff. When I got up, Penny was leaving to go pick up her mom and nephew who were going to spend the day down here. As soon as they got back, her mom had a hair appointment, so she left and I was watching the four kids, including 2 year old Cassidy. She got back right as I was about to leave to take Ellie to tennis practice. I was going to take Cassidy with me because she wasn't back yet and Kari and Harry were fighting, but she walked in right as we were getting ready to leave. I ended up taking Cassidy anyways, and he and I played tennis and ran around while Ellie played. We had lunch when we got back, and then Penny drove me into town to do some shopping and mail some letters. Everyone else was going shopping...somewhere else, but there wasn't enough room in the car for everyone. I was fine with it because I had to get Kari's birthday present/card anyway, and I was happy to have some time on my own.
I went to the post office first and got all my stamp purchasing taken care of. I now own 50 stamps. Woo!
I wandered around and got everything I needed, then started heading back the way I thought I had to go. I got confused thinking that I was supposed to turn sooner than I really was, and spent probably an hour walking in a giant circle, as shown here:

I got BACK to downtown GX, and went into a real estate office, figuring they'd know the streets and could tell me where to go. The guy was very nice, and gave me about 4 different sets of directions, but it came down to the fact that I needed to go further before I turned. So, I finally made it back. THIS is how I was supposed to go:

I got back and had issues unlocking the back door, so I had to let Bindi out the side door, which was easier to open despite the fact that it has MORE locks. Oh well.
I bought a shower rack while I was out, and I hung that up, hooray for perfectly flat tile walls!


Once the pictures finish uploading, I'll do a picture post...hopefully later tonight!


1 comment:

Sandi Draper said...

Maybe I should send you a compass for your birthday!