Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Start of Week 1

Massive progress here:
1. Ordered my iPhone tonight! It should be here Thursday! I'm sooooo glad! If you have an iPhone, Android or BlackBerry, find/download PingChat [www.pingchat.com]. It's an instant messaging client that works across platforms! Since international texting is still absurdly expensive, this is how I'm going to be texting my parents/brother while I'm here...Since my dad doesn't have an iPhone, I'm super excited that there's something that works on a bunch of platforms! Also, I'm just really excited to get my hands on an iPhone again! I've missed it so! And it's the new one! Mmmmm I love me some new technology.
2. Today I FINALLY got to the point where I know how to flush my toilet all the time. Yeah, go ahead, laugh. I know it sounds lame, but it wasn't easy! You have to pull the handle up first, then flush it twice. If you forget to pull it up first, it doesn't work...which I think was what I was missing at first. I was lucky if I could flush it once a day, but today, it's been mastered!
3. Started writing some letters! Very excited to be pen pals with people!!!
4. Heading into town tomorrow with Kari and Harry to buy stamps, possibly an alarm clock, envelopes and hopefully a phone case I can live with. Oh, and maybe a power strip? We'll see!
5. Put up some pictures in my room today, and moved my vanity area off my window sill. I'm trying to really make the room "mine."
6. Took Ellie to her tennis lesson today. The best part was the end when she ran out of the facility screaming because there was a bee...luckily it was at the end of her lesson and she was already packed to go home. 
7. Helped Ellie "go through" stuff in her room...she really wasn't interested but we tried.
8. Got the shower head cleaned in my bathroom...Well, okay Penny did this for me, but HOORAY water actually comes out of it now. Much better!
9. Straightened out my dresser drawers, since until this morning they were kind of just a jumble.
10. Talked to Marj on Skype with the whole gang. They were as happy to see her as she was to see them!
12. FINALLY backing up my computer for the first time since I imported all those movies! It's currently on GB 8 of 57...I think that's going to be going for a while...


Oh! Random crazy coincidence... Shayla, one of the section editors from last semester, is in the Peace Corps in Madagascar for the next two years. She sent me a message asking if I knew James, a guy I went to high school with... He's in her Peace Corps group! How crazy is that?!?!? I'm still shocked that Shayla is IN the Peace Corps...let alone that someone else I know is too!




That's it for now. =] If you're on Skype, search for me! mandatom at gmail dot com...I'd love to see your smiling face, and I'm sure Ellie would love to prank call you! =]


No comments: