Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

I'm HERE!!!

That's right! I'm in ENGLAND!

I was flying on standby on both of my flights, and luckily I made it on to both of them. I had to RUN through the Washington Dulles Airport, but I made it!!! I was actually a little worried when I got to Cleveland because there were storms in DC and my flight was delayed, but I made it just in time. While we flew to DC we passed the storm, and there was a HUGE beautiful cloud that had the sun setting on the west side of it, and as we passed it to the north you could see that it was a lightning cloud. It was pretty long and so I watched that for a long time as it lit up. SO COOL!
I had a business class seat from DC to London [first time I've ever not been in coach] and it was AWESOME. I slept a few hours, but also played some sudoku on the 15" tv screen, watched Toy Story 2 and an episode of Psych.

I landed yesterday morning [Friday], and came home with Penny, Kari and Ellie. Ellie helped me unpack everything and get settled. We had different kinds of chicken for lunch with chips.
Later on Kari and Harry went to High Wycombe [about a 15 minute train ride] with me to exchange money and try to get an iPhone. We managed to exchange my money, but by the time that was done, none of the stores were open anymore. A few were just closing their doors and we asked about the phone, but they said if I don't want a contract [which I don't], that I have to actually go to an Apple Store, who are probably sold out for at least 3 weeks...BUMMER. Might have to order it online...
We had "fish and chips" for dinner...and by fish and chips I mean we went to a fish and chips store and I ordered chicken nuggets and "chips." Got to talk to Mom, then Dad on video chats which was really nice. 

Today Penny, Kari and I walked to Ellie's tennis tournament, and sat out in the rain for a bit before Ellie slipped and fell on her knee and didn't feel like she could walk/play anymore, so we headed home. The tennis courts she plays at are JUST across the street from the house, which is pretty nice!
We had bacon sandwiches today, which weren't what I was expecting since the bacon here is more like "Canadian bacon" than "American bacon," but they were still good. Ellie and I played hide and seek and she played some online games on my computer while I took a nap [I blame jet lag, but she says Marj did that too, and told her that as you get older you need to sleep more...Very true!;)]. Penny's mom, Sue, sister & nephew, Katie & Cassidy, were here briefly. Cassidy is about 2 or 3 was singing and "dancing" along with the radio that was on which was hilarious. We had Chinese for dinner that was interesting because of how it comes packaged as well as the sauces they were cooked in...I asked for Cashew Chicken, but I couldn't even tell you what kind of sauce it was in. Just video chatted with my parents [and Sparky] and Ellie is playing Mario Kart online with some friends.

A few Skype screen shots:

Better picture of the humans.

But in this one, Sparky is looking like "hey, where is she?!?!"



It's been cold and rainy for the past two days but it's not predicted for tomorrow so hopefully it's right!

No comments: